The Protoss Guide to The Dark Templar Rush
One Protoss guide beneficial to know may be the Dark Knights Templar Knight
Rush. It is another classical rush, absolutely devastating in Starcraft Classic and as effective in Strarcraft 2.
What helps make the Dark Templar Rush so effective, could be the infrequency where players put it to use. It is such a long term compared to other more commonly employed rushes just like the Ling rush and the Marine and Marauder push, that perseverance is needed before it can be employed.
The Dark Temple Rush requires not merely the best circumstances, but speed, precision, a great deal of resources and simply plain skill. I would describe it a professional build for intermediate to advanced players. This rush may be fatal to an opponent who may have still did not scout it, but requires excellent micro and excellent awareness, and also good transitioning skills in order to execute.
This is not a standard build, similar to rushes. It can be a risk. It's best to abandon it if however your assailant scouts your Dark Shrine. Make the transition in to a 4 Gate as fast as possible. Note the surprise of needing cloaked units which your opponent hasn't detected is the key part of this build. Your opponent will become building the required detection and units to combat it.
The strategy is most effective against opponents that have not committed to adequate detection because they are not anticipating a Dark Templar Rush. A lot of opponents might be caught off guard from this opening, because it is not regularly employed.
This is when the build is executed
1. Train probes until you have your 9th probe, at which make your first pylon as usual, and send that probe to scout.
2. On your 13th probe get out the first Gateway, also start Chrono boosting probes. This build is heavy on gas and also the early tech advancements cost a lot of gas, and most importantly each Dark Templar Costs 100 gas, only 50 minerals. So with this build the emphasis should really be a little more on gas.
3. By your fifteenth probe you want to make certain you have a minimum of two Assimilators.
4. Once your at 16 supply and 200 minerals start building a Cybernetics Core, and send that probe to a geyser if you do not curently have 3 probes on both of which.
5. When the Cybernitcs Core is completed, warp in the warp Gate. Also be likely to acquire some Sentry's and Stalkers in the market to fight early push's. The Sentry's forcefield ability is excellent for this.
6. Continue to build probe and saturate minerals.
7. Warp in a Templar archives when the Cybernetics Core tech is done. Be careful to strategically place any tech that can indicate to your attacker that you will be building Dark Templars. The component of surprise is vital using this strategy.
8. Once the Templar Archives is done warp inside a Dark Shrine when it is finished, also preferably in a very remote location through your opponents away from your opponents scouting areas.
9. Upgrade your Gateways to Warp Gates and build a pylon near your enemies base, also preferably out of site.
10. Use any extra minerals to build more Gateways.
11. Once your shrine is complete, warp in a Dark Templar
in places you constructed your pylon. If your attacker doesn't need detection, remove his workers and anything which could possibly move out detection.
Against Terran, you will need to wait till he lowers his walls simply uses process into his main. If he's detection be sure to avoid it. If all he's can be a scanner, sign up for the scanner. Stay out of variety of his scanner at all costs. If your attacker is Protoss or Zerg target his attacking and defending units first after which attack his workers.
With this Protoss guide to a Dark Templar Rush, you ought to certainly be in a position to practice this skill, and turn into able to execute it if the macro and micro conditions are optimal.